How to Make Green Dye in Minecraft?
Updated · May 14, 2022
Dye is an item that can change the color of certain objects in Minecraft. There are a wide variety of hues available to add to your designs and create beautiful decorations.
As a result, dyes are an essential part of the game experience, allowing players to customize their world and create unique visual effects.
If you're looking to add some color to your world, this is the perfect way to do it.
What Can You Dye in Minecraft?
You can use dyes on:
- Sheep and wool
- Leather armor
- Certain building materials, like concrete or terracotta
- Household items, such as beds, carpets, and candles
Moreover, dye is part of various crafting recipes for fun-to-use things, like firework stars and glow sticks.
If you set up your own server, you could go crazy and paint some sheep green with your friends.
How to Make Green Dye in Minecraft?
The process is simple, but for all dye colors in the game, you need a particular source.
1. Collect Cacti and Fuel
You can come across cacti in desert biomes and break them with any tool.
As for fuel, wood is the easiest to find, but coal, charcoal, and lava buckets are more efficient.
2. Follow the Green Dye Minecraft Recipe
Find a furnace and add the cactus to the upper slot and the fuel below it.
The result is one dye in green color, which can be applied to any of the items listed above.
What Else Can You Do With Minecraft Green Dye?
As we mentioned, this dye is a crafting ingredient for various items.
Make Cyan and Lime Green Dye in Minecraft
If you place green and blue paint next to each other on a crafting table, you'll create cyan.
In the same way, in Java, you can make lime paint by combining green and white.
However, you'll need bone meal instead of white dye in Bedrock and Education editions.
Color a Bed Green
In Java, you have to place a white bed next to green paint in the crafting grid to color it.
In Bedrock and Education editions, any bed would do the job.
Make Cactus Green Wool, Candle, Shulker Box, and Leather Armor
In Java, you have to combine white wool and green paint in the crafting grid to dye the yarn.
In Bedrock and Education editions, any wool will do.
The colors of candles, leather armor, and shulker boxes are easily changed by placing them next to green paint on the crafting table in all game versions.
Make Green Carpet, Glass Blocks and Panes, and Terracotta
All of these items can become green in the same way.
Keep in mind that in Java, the carpet has to be white to be recolored.
- Put eight of the thing you want to use in the crafting grid, leaving only the middle slot empty.
- Add the green paint to the center.
Craft a Green Balloon and Glow Stick
These crafting recipes are available only in Bedrock and Education editions.
Crafting a balloon requires six latex, one helium, one green paint, and a lead in the following configuration:
- Latex in all slots of the first and third columns
- Green dye in the middle of the first row
- Helium in the very center of the grid
- Lead in the middle slot of the third row
As for a glow stick, you should gather six polyethylene, one hydrogen peroxide, a green paint, and luminol. Position the materials in the crafting grid in this manner:
- Polyethylene in all slots of the first and third columns
- Hydrogen peroxide in the middle of the first row
- Minecraft green dye in the very center of the grid
- Luminol in the middle of the third row
Make a Green Firework Star
There are a few ways to craft different firework stars.
- Place gunpowder, green paint, and a head next to each other in the middle row of the crafting grid for a creeper-shaped firework.
- Put gunpowder, green color, and a gold nugget next to each other in the middle row of the crafting grid for a star-shaped firework.
- Position gunpowder, green paint, and a fire charge next to each other in the middle of the crafting grid for a large ball firework.
- Add gunpowder, MC green dye, and a feather next to each other to the middle row of the crafting grid for a burst firework.
- Place gunpowder, green paint, and a fire charge on the middle row. Then, add glowstone dust and a diamond in the first and second slot of the third row for a large trail and tinkle firework.
Craft Green Concrete Powder
That recipe requires green paint, four sand, and four gravel blocks. Position them on the crafting table like this:
- Minecraft green paint in the first slot of the first row.
- Two sand blocks in the remaining space of the first row and two more in the first and second slot of the middle row.
- Gravel in the empty slots.
You'll get eight green concrete powder blocks.
Where to Get Green Dye in Minecraft?
There are two ways to obtain green paint without chopping down cacti.
Some chests in village houses in the desert biomes may contain it.
Alternatively, you can buy three dyes for one emerald from wandering traders.
To Wrap Up
Knowing how to make green dye in Minecraft may prove useful for different decorations in your world.
It has many crafting applications, and you can get creative and find the best use of this color for you.
And, of course, don't forget about the fireworks!
With charmingly infectious enthusiasm, Marina is always thrilled by forthcoming challenges. Thanks to her knack for gathering useful (and not so much) information, she is here to get you any answer you need.